I woke up a week or so ago to the most anti-science news from the most educated class in America, and I'm shocked! And shook! Let me explain.
As long as I can remember, I've been labeled "anti-science" because I'm a Bible-believing Christian.
Which means I'm a flat-earth caveman who keeps his wife (who may or may not be his first cousin) barefoot and pregnant, clings to his guns and religion (guilty), has wooden teeth (cannot confirm or deny) and is ignorant for believing all of those fairy tales in the Bible.
Advertisement - story continues below
But the day has come where there is proof that I'm "more sciencey" (technical term) than the culture at large.
Five examples of the anti-science left:
- A Pew Research poll revealed that 77 percent of Democrats with a four-year degree think sex is NOT determined at birth.I've always thought of the Republicans as the "stupid party" because they get into power and then act like they're in the minority.But apparently, 77 percent of college-educated Democrats look at a newborn, see the baby's parts, and are flummoxed and dumbfounded! "Hey, Vern! I can't tell if that's a boy or girl! Can you?!?!"
- Bodybuilders should NOT pump themselves full of hormones. Danger Will Robinson! Danger! But it's fabulous "science" to give hormones and hormone blockers to children who have a mental disorder known as gender dysphoria (80 percent of whom will outgrow it), knowing full well that this treatment will damage their bodies forever. Rational? A kid who likes hot dogs one day and PB&J the next "feels" like the opposite sex and says so.#antiscience
- Global cooling, warming, or is it changing? Not sure – just give us your money! And TRUST us!1970s: The Ice Age is coming! We're all going to freeze!1988: Oops! Global warming – not cooling. In 1988 famous warming professor James Hansen predicts by 2018 Manhattan will be under water and the Arctic will be entirely ice-free. And today he says he's not wrong, his timing is just a little off. Like by a century.
2009: Al Gore makes a boatload of coin saying the Arctic polar ice cap would melt by 2014.
Today: Oops! Wrong again! Temperatures have not risen as predicted. Lots of reports of manipulated data – so let's say "climate change"! The climate – this is shocking, I know – it changes (say this with a lot of drama). We need to spend money! Your money! And limit your lifestyle! Trust me because … science!
Climate science motto: Often wrong, never unsure.
- White man identifies as a Filipina woman. And is applauded by leftist Cathy Areu. She says, It's "beautiful," "wonderful," and this is what is great about America.No. It's sad and a sign of mental illness. Just as sure as if I said I'm George Washington or Jesus.#antiscience
- Evolution: It's "settled science" that species evolved into new and different species who evolved into new and different species.Number of fossils found? Millions.Number of fossils showing transition from one species to another?
Some estimate billions of fossils have been found. And yet not ONE example of the transition to a different species. That's like, "I have a gold bar I'll give you for 5,000 dollars. But … I can't show it to you!"
I'm not giving you money until you show me the gold brick! And I'm not believing your evolutionary fairy tale until you show me the fossil record. I'm not anti-science, I'm just not buying what you're selling.
Each of the items above has been declared "settled" by some "scientist." And celebrated/promoted/legitimized by the witch doctors of the left.
Advertisement - story continues below
I am not anti-science. I am anti-ignorance. I am anti-dystopian-future claims that fund Al Gore's empire or "Good Morning America's" shilling for Obama who said if he were elected it would "the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."
Christianity requires less faith than much of what passes as science in popular culture today. It's based on a book that names geographic locations and historic events, and it's accurate. No historical document has contradicted what has been found in the pages of the Bible. And Christianity is based on the testimony of millions throughout history.
But Christianity differs from the popular "Bill-Nye-the-not-an-actual-science-guy" culture in this: It never declares itself "science" while acting like anti-science.
In this world of faith, science and a cult-like following of ideas that sound scientific, grab a Bible and begin to read, and find some folks who believe it, and ask them about their lives and hearts and their relationship with their creator. It could lead you not to settled science, but a settled heart.