It’s becoming clearer all the time that the Google-Facebook Axis of Evil cannot be trusted to be the major “carrier” of America’s news and information – which it is right now, like it or not.
Evidence is growing daily that this “Speech Code Cartel” is purposely, secretively, covertly and maliciously manipulating what Americans consume in the form of news and information, all filtered through the lenses of far-left activist mega-corporations that dominate search and social media.
Yet, a Republican-controlled Congress that will be steamrolled in the November midterm elections, likely losing control of the House and Senate, has failed to take action under a president who thoroughly understands and speaks out weekly on the subject of “fake news” and “censorship.”
I’ve been explaining how immoral and genuinely evil is the worldview that dominates this Silicon Valley cartel that has now become the filter through which all Americans get their news.
More than a decade ago, I publicly attacked Google for serving as a propaganda machine for the totalitarian regime of Communist China. The New York Times didn’t do that. The Washington Post didn’t do that. ABC, NBC and CBS didn’t do that. Neither did CNN. But WND did – and I did in a book and in news stories, commentary and television and radio appearances.
Do you know what happened? Google backed off.
But that was then, this is now. And since then, Google and Facebook have become propaganda machines in the U.S. – promoting Democrats, demonizing Republicans, slandering and censoring conservatives and celebrating leftists – even calling in the extremist Southern Poverty Law Center to define the kind of “hate speech” to prohibit from their searches and posts.
And now, while the American media are under their control, Google is going back to China and doing the tyrant’s dirty work again.
As reported in the New York Times, now Google is planning to launch a new, censored version of its search engine in China that will blacklist websites and search terms having to do with human rights, democracy, religion and peaceful protest.
The project – code-named “Dragonfly” – has been underway since spring of last year. It was put on the fast track following a December 2017 meeting between Google’s chief executive officer and a top Chinese government official, according to internal Google documents and people familiar with the plans. Teams of programmers and engineers at Google have created a custom Android app that has already been demonstrated to the brutes in Beijing. The finalized version could be launched in the next six to nine months, pending approval from the Chinese tyrants.
Tell me that’s not evil.
It will be the first time in a decade that Google is back in the Chinese market – serving the Communist regime, rather than the Chinese public.
The planned move represents a dramatic shift in Google’s policy on China and will mark the first time in almost a decade the internet giant has operated its search engine in the country.
How will it work?
The search app will “blacklist sensitive queries.” Currently, the Chinese government blocks information on the internet about political opponents, free speech, news and academic studies. It specifically blocks reports of the 1989 Tiananmen Square massacre, for instance, and references to “anticommunism” and “dissidents.” Mentions of books that negatively portray authoritarian governments, like George Orwell’s “1984” and “Animal Farm,” have been prohibited on Chinese-approved search engines and social media websites. The country also censors popular Western social media sites like Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, as well as American news organizations such as the New York Times, BBC and the Wall Street Journal.
That’s what Google is willing to do to recapture the Chinese market. It may even turn over blacklisted searches to government authorities – who knows? I wouldn’t put it past this evil enterprise.
Now. let me ask you a question: If Google is willing to facilitate the Chinese government’s official censorship, do you think Google will have any problem serving as the unofficial censor of news and information in the rest of the world?
Of course not. In fact, it already is, as we see every day.
What can we do about it? How can we ensure that the free flow of information, guaranteed in the U.S. Constitution, is reinstated here? How can we ensure that an opposition, alternative, independent media is protected?
It will take the combined efforts of President Trump and Republicans in Congress. But, I strongly suspect, Republicans will be swept from control of the House and Senate as a direct result of the Google-Facebook propaganda machine this fall. It could be the endgame for the two-party system and for free speech, freedom of the press and freedom of religion in the U.S. – forever. I do not exaggerate.
But we’ve got to try to do something about this crisis. We’ve got to fight back.
WND was long ago banned in China. Now we are virtually banned in the U.S. – devoid of search engine traffic by Google and shunned by social media sites like Facebook. These two monopolies also control 75 percent of the digital advertising market and are systematically starving WND and other independent media of traffic and revenue. As the very first independent, alternative online news source 21 years ago, we feel like a lab rat or guinea pig undergoing cold, calculated extinction experiments in the demonic laboratory of the “Speech Code Cartel.”
I urge you to do a few things if you value your constitutional rights and liberty:
- Become informed – quickly. Be sure to see “The Creepy Line” – the imminent new documentary about this crisis from Peter Schweizer.
- Watch Tucker Carlson’s show on Fox, which has been enlightening – even for me as I sit in the crosshairs of the cabal.
- Encourage President Trump to hit this topic early, often and hard.
- Contact your Republican members of Congress about the imminent threat. (It won’t do any good to contact Democrats. They are encouraging this partisan, secular jihad and will be the single-party beneficiary of its “success.”)
- Support the independent, alternative online media – including WND, which is very much on the front lines. And here’s how to do that:
1. Support WND, the original pioneer in independent news 21 years ago, all through August by helping us raise $100,000 as we battle the cartel for survival in our roughest month yet. We’re hunkered down, and many are working without pay. I’ve subsidized WND with all the money I have, and there is no more left. We thank you for getting us nearly 50 percent of the way to our total so far – but it’s not what we had hoped for with just a few days remaining. Please pray for us and shower us with your most generous donations to keep us alive and fighting for truth.
Many of you have suggested you prefer to make your contributions by check. You can always do that by sending them to WND, 14501 George Carter Way, Suite 102, Chantilly, VA 20151.
2. You can also support WND’s groundbreaking new book, “The Gospel in Every Book of the Old Testament,” with your tax-deductible contributions in any amount to the fabulous missions organization, Gospel for All Nations, which has adopted the project to help spread the truth of the Good News around the world. This book, coming out in hardcover next month is an important part of WND’s recovery, rebirth and revitalization plan for later this year. Your help with book-printing and marketing expenses will help immensely to weather this storm – not to mention help us distribute this compelling and redemptive “breakthrough Bible book.”
If you prefer to write tax-deductible checks for this purpose, you can do so by sending them to “Gospel Book,” Gospel for All Nations, 580 E Street – PO Box 100 – Hawthorne, NV 89415-0100.
Thank you and bless you for your support.