How bad is the Google-Facebook censorship jihad going to get?
Buckle your seat belts.
Just talking about the overt censorship of Alex Jones is enough to get you censored by the “Speech Code Cartel.”
And while Republicans in Congress sit on their hands as the last vestiges of meaningful free speech are extinguished, the Democrats in Congress are calling for more radical action by the cartel, the major “carriers” of all news and information to the American public.
Look what Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., had to say: “I think what the Alex Jones case shows, we’re gonna really be looking at what the consequences are for just leaving common decency in the dust. … What I’m gonna be trying to do in my legislation is to really lay out what the consequences are when somebody who is a bad actor, somebody who really doesn’t meet the decency principles that reflect our values, if that bad actor blows by the bounds of common decency, I think you gotta have a way to make sure that stuff is taken down. If we were talking about really horrible pornography, I think they would have moved pretty quickly to deal with it. I think it’s also worth noting that, with respect to Alex Jones, there are probably a thousand accounts out there that are as bad as Alex Jones.”
How is free speech in America lost? You’re watching it happen before your eyes and ears.
Now there are widespread reports on simple debates and discussions about the Alex Jones issue being squelched and censored.
And the Democrats are loving it.
So where are the Republicans in Congress? Where are the champions of freedom of speech, freedom of the press and freedom of religion? Where’s the opposition to censorship?
I don’t know about you, but I’m getting nervous about where our country is rapidly heading. I fear it is one-party rule. Republicans simply don’t comprehend the stakes.
The Democrats smell political blood, and they are ravenous. Meanwhile, the Republicans will soon be experiencing the regrets Martin Niemöller had when he found himself in a Nazi Germany concentration camp facing death.
Someday they’ll be saying: “First they came for Alex Jones, but I didn’t speak out because I did not support Alex Jones. … Then they came for WND, but I didn’t speak out because I did not support WND. … Then they came for me, but there was no one left to speak out.”
Free speech is free speech. It must be free for one and all – no matter how much we might detest it or disagree with it. Do we really need to learn this lesson again?
Time is short. Free speech, freedom of the press and freedom of religion are endangered concepts in America because of this crisis. The only power that can correct this and challenge it is sitting on its hands. As a result, we are on the verge of living in a one-party totalitarian state with the First Amendment being reduced to nice but meaningless words on parchment.
What can we do?
I urge you to do a few things if you value your constitutional rights and liberty:
- Become informed – quickly. Be sure to see “The Creepy Line” – the imminent new documentary about this crisis from Peter Schweizer.
- Watch Tucker Carlson’s show on Fox, which has been enlightening – even for me as I sit in the crosshairs of the cabal.
- Encourage President Trump to hit this topic early, often and hard.
- Contact your Republican members of Congress about the imminent threat. (As you can see from Wyden’s quote above, it won’t do any good to contact Democrats. They are encouraging this partisan, secular jihad and will be the single-party beneficiary of its “success.”)
- Support the independent, alternative online media – including WND, which is very much on the front lines. And here’s how to do that:
1. Support WND, the original pioneer in independent news 21 years ago, all through August by helping us raise $100,000 as we battle the cartel for survival in our roughest month yet. We’re hunkered down and many are working without pay. I’ve subsidized WND with all the money I have, and there is no more left. Please pray for us and shower us with your most generous donations to keep us alive and fighting for truth.
Many of you have suggested you prefer to make your contributions by check. You can always do that by sending them to WND, 14501 George Carter Way, Suite 102, Chantilly, VA 20151.
2. You can also support WND’s groundbreaking new book, “The Gospel in Every Book of the Old Testament,” with your tax-deductible contributions in any amount to the fabulous missions organization, Gospel for All Nations, which has adopted the project to help spread the truth of the Good News around the world. This book, coming out in hardcover next month is an important part of WND’s recovery, rebirth and revitalization plan for later this year. Your help with book-printing and marketing expenses will help immensely to weather this storm – not to mention help us distribute this compelling and redemptive “breakthrough Bible book.”
If you prefer to write tax-deductible checks for this purpose, you can do so by sending them to “Gospel Book,” Gospel for All Nations, 580 E Street – PO Box 100 – Hawthorne, NV 89415-0100.
Thank you and bless you for your support.