(FOX) -- University of Maryland students are growing increasingly concerned mold problems in their dorms may be linked to the death of a freshman who succumbed to the same rare virus that killed 11 children in New Jersey.
Olivia Paregol, 18, was early in her first semester when she developed a cough, which later worsened to pneumonia. She died on November 18 at Johns Hopkins Hospital, from adenovirus, which causes respiratory problems.
Paregol, from Howard County, Maryland, died less than three weeks after the school learned she had the illness. The university has since said five more students have illnesses tied to the same rare virus.
Advertisement - story continues below