A medical resident who already has been booted from her educational program for her anti-Semitic rants and threats to give Jews the wrong medications also should lose her medical license, contends the American Center for Law and Justice.
The group said Friday it is asking the state of Ohio to revoke the license of Lara Kollab, who declared, “Allah will kill the Jews.”
The Muslim physician, who was a first-year resident at the Cleveland Clinic, also said she wanted to “purposely give all the [derogatory term for Jews] the wrong meds.”
Jay Sekulow, the head of the ACLJ, said: “This behavior is abhorrent and dangerous. The issue is: should a doctor who makes threats about giving Jews the wrong medication with the intent to cause harm to be entitled to practice medicine? The answer is no. The medical license should be permanently revoked. Threats to cause harm must never be tolerated in any setting – including the medical field.”
Kollab has referred to Jewish people as dogs, downplayed the Holocaust and stated she was “brutally unsympathetic” about the issue.
She deleted and deactivate her social media presence after attention was drawn to her views.
The Cleveland Clinic dismissed her, stating, “We fully embrace diversity, inclusion and a culture of safety and respect across our entire health system.”
The ACLJ said it filed a formal complaint with the Ohio State Board of Medical Examiners, explaining her statements “and intentions go far beyond the realms of free speech. Allowing her near any patients could literally jeopardize lives.”
The ACLJ is being joined in the complaint by the Zionist Organization of America.
The ACLJ said Kollab’s license is now a temporary permit that allows her to practice medicine only at the clinic, making it practically useless.
But the ACLJ said its letter was to make a formal request for revocation “so that no other clinic or medical practice in Ohio might inadvertently hire her, and no other patients will be at risk.”
Sekkulow said the extreme behavior was part of a “darker, sicker” problem of racism around the world, “including at the United Nations.”
“We don’t need physicians with such a flippant attitude towards endangering lives – simply because of one’s faith or ethnicity – practicing medicine in the United States,” said Sekulow.
The Washington Examiner reported Kollab at one point said on social media, “May Allah take back (end the lives) of the Jews so we stop being forced to go to those unclean ones.”
Some of her remarks, according to Canary’s translation, include:
- “Hahha ewww.. I’ll purposely give all the [Jews] the wrong meds.”
- “Look, Haifa is sweet (nice), but it’s full of Jewish dogs, and it looks like America, meaning, it wasn’t that special to me.”
- “I don’t mean to sound insensitive but I have a REALLY hard time feeling bad about Holocaust seeing as the people who were in it now kill my people.”
- “I blame israel for everything. everything that goes wrong, i say [Allah will kill the Jews] :P.”
- “why is this airport literally full of Jews. I just had an evil staring contest with one bc he was staring. they look like settlers.”
- “jewish settlers in palestine are the descendants of the nazis.”
- “Annoying to go to school in a city full of Jews because everywhere I go I hear about the wonderful israel. About to tell this guy to stfu.”
- “loll my friend’s husband works in an arabic restaurant.. a yahoodi [Jew] came in asking for israeli hummus.. he kicked him out of the restaurant.”