Why haven’t politicians fixed our immigration problems in 50 years?
I’m old enough to remember the concerns people were expressing half a century ago – in the 1960s. Washington didn’t pay attention then or since.
It took Donald Trump to empower the people whose lives are impacted by uncontrolled, illegal immigration in 2016 by pushing the wall.
Even Sen. Chuck Schumer knows Trump won the presidency because of his promise to build the wall. He inadvertently spilled the beans Wednesday and admitted as much. That’s why he is so determined to stop Trump – to keep him from fulfilling his most important campaign promise and winning re-election in 2020.
Nancy Pelosi would like to call off his State of the Union address for the same reason.
They both want to act like they are in charge, but they know who’s calling the shots – Donald Trump.
He knows it’s do-or-die for securing the border now. If we don’t win this time, we never will. Consider:
- A new caravan is making its way from Central America.
- Prayer rugs are showing up on the border.
- 327 Americans die every week, 15,000 a year, from heroin overdoses, with 90 percent of the drug coming over the border from Mexico.
- In 2017, 70,237 died of overdoses from all drugs, more than the 58,220 who were killed in the entire Vietnam War.
Is border security a crisis? You bet it is.
Is it priority No. 1 now that we have Washington’s undivided intention? Absolutely. We cannot fail to build the wall this time. It’s our last chance to save America.
Here are some more facts to remember as this showdown proceeds.
- In 2017 and 2018, ICE officers made 260,000 arrests of aliens with criminal records. As Trump would say, that’s a lot of bad hombres.
- One in three women are sexually assaulted on the dangerous trek through Mexico to the U.S. border to enter the country illegally. Doctors Without Borders verified this claim in a study they produced.
- Nobody knows how many illegal aliens there are inside the borders of America today. Washington doesn’t want to know. They don’t think Americans need to know. It’s none of our business. They spend millions studying how long a mudskipper fish could exercise on a treadmill. (It’s true, look it up.) But do you think Americans will get a chance to report to the Census the most relevant and important fact they could tell the government – that they are U.S. citizens? Not in 2020, they won’t, thanks to an activist judge’s ruling that will keep us all guessing for another decade.
Like a mantra, the media and Democrats talk about this being a “manufactured crisis.” There is no crisis you’ve ever seen that has been less “manufactured,” unless you are talking about 50 years of neglect by our government, irresponsibility by elected officials and deliberate refusal to enforce the laws already on the books to protect our citizens.
Again, this is why we can’t give up on support of Trump’s government shutdown. It’s about our safety. It’s about America’s future liberty. It’s about our Constitution and our way of life. There won’t be another chance if we don’t win this fight.
You need to be prepared for the name-calling again – “deplorables,” “racists,” “white supremacists,” “bigots.” That’s the way the left operates. They accuse others of harboring the hatred that they have in their own dark hearts.
Turn off the virulent anti-Trump media. Call your representatives in Washington and demand the wall funding. Support only Republicans with a backbone so we can take our nation back.