(WITN) Tragic new details in electrocution deaths of a mother and her young daughter at a Rocky Mount motel last summer.
An autopsy confirms that Kendra Pittman, 30, and Siiyahh, her 9-year-old daughter, were killed on August 20th because of a faulty air conditioner at the Economy Inn Hotel and Suites in Rocky Mount.
The autopsy, which was released today, says Pittman's husband went to pay the rent for the room and to tell them the air conditioning wasn't working in the room.
Advertisement - story continues below
The motel clerk reset a breaker, the autopsy said, and as the father walked back to the room he could hear the air conditioner running and his 10-year-old son yelling "Don't touch the door, Mommy was shocked."