PALM BEACH, Florida — Ivanka Trump, daughter of President Donald Trump, celebrated her daughter’s eighth birthday by gifting her an adorable puppy.
But since she posted a photo of the dog on Twitter, vicious comments have erupted from leftists who apparently have a serious problem with the color of the pooch’s fur. It happens to be white. And its eyes are blue.
“Meet Winter, Arabella’s birthday dream come true and the newest member of the Kushner family!” Ivanka tweeted late Saturday night.
Meet Winter, Arabella’s birthday dream come true and the newest member of the Kushner family! 😍 pic.twitter.com/Y1cHTvnBGm
— Ivanka Trump (@IvankaTrump) July 21, 2019
Immediately, hateful comments were barked from the Trump family’s political opponents. Some include:
- “An all-white dog. Shocking.”
- “Of course, it’s pure white. Of course.”
- “Good thing it’s a white dog. Your dad hates the blacks.”
- “How darling. I see you skipped a rescue and went straight to an Aryan breeder. Does it sit and sieg heil yet?”
- “If it was a brown dog, would you put it in a cage?”
- “Thousands of children in U.S. custody haven’t bathed or brushed their teeth or even been hugged in weeks thanks to your father, but cool you got a new puppy I guess.”
- “Pro tip: When everyone hates you for being a spoon-fed nothing grifter who’s full of sh**, an advisor to the president who doesn’t advise, when you want to seem human and get a dog, maybe a shelter dog would show humanity. But all white and blue eyes is on brand. F*** off”
- “Of course the insipid Dingbat Princess would get a white dog and have it pose for a photo shoot. You are the most vapid human alive.”
Some Trump supporters fired back, saying:
- “As soon as I saw the dog I knew liberals would talk about the dog being white in color. So lame and predictable. Liberals are just like Hollywood, out of new ideas.”
- “After reading the comments under this tweet, I’m now 100% certain that no Liberals own white dogs.”
Talk-radio host Rush Limbaugh took note of the controversy on his Monday broadcast.
“We’re talking abut fur, hair!” Limbaugh shouted. “We’re not even talking about skin.”
“There’s no such thing as a racist dog,” he continued. “What if they gone out and they got a black Lab? Would that have been OK? That would have shown they were not racist?”
Racism now is any disagreement with somebody. By the way, the only people that can be racist in America today are white men. It’s hideous, and it’s ridiculous. It ought to be … It should have become a joke by now, as frequently and as often as the Democrats are out there charging it. It’s lost whatever meaning it ever really had.
But racism, in its real form, is hideous. It believes in the inferiority of other human beings because of the way they look. It believes in the inferiority of people over things they have no control over. Real racism is despicable, it’s hideous, and it’s ugly — and this is what’s so outrageous.
They’re just charging that any white person’s existence today is racist, and it traces to the founding of the country. That’s what they’re saying. I mean, there are college courses now on what type of where white people are being forced to take it so that they’re being forced to understand their born-with, inbred racism. They’re being taught there’s nothing they can do about it, that they are inherently flawed in this way. The only thing they can do is constantly apologize and make amends at every turn. …
These people really should be ashamed of themselves for what they’re doing and the damage they are causing, and it’s all for the sake of the quest for power.
Follow Joe on Twitter @JoeKovacsNews