These are six ideas that came to me following Maria Bartiromo's Sunday morning interview with President Donald Trump – ideas that just won't let me capitulate to Joe Biden.
1. Trump won a landslide of votes legally cast by the end of "Election Day." Then came the as-yet-undetermined number of mail-in votes that were not authorized by state legislatures were arguably postmarked after Election Day and may not have been signed by certified voters.
2. He told Bartiromo: "There was tremendous cheating here. If Republicans allow it to happen, you'll never have another Republican elected in the history of this country, at a Senate level or at a presidential level." Why? Republicans would have essentially enabled cheating. Could we ever trust them again?
3. There are paths to absolutely secure, free and fair elections in America – including, just to cite one example, blockchain technology. But in response to the current fraud-ridden election, here's what Trump says is happening: "We're not allowed to put in our proof. They say you don't have standing. I would like to file one nice big beautiful lawsuit, talking about this and many other things, with tremendous proof. We have affidavits, we have hundreds and hundreds of affidavits. Well, the problem is it's hard to get into the Supreme Court. I've got the best Supreme Court advocates, lawyers, that want to argue the case if it gets there. But they said, it's very hard to get a case up there. Can you imagine, Donald Trump, president of the United States, files a case. And I probably can't get a case, even with and we have tremendous proof. We have hundreds and hundreds of affidavits, sworn affidavits. And it's very hard to get a case to the Supreme Court. That's what everybody is fighting for."
4. The president said the Department of Justice and the FBI were "missing in action" on claims of massive fraud in the 2020 election. "Can't tell you where they are. I ask, are they looking at it? Everyone says yes, they're looking at it. Look, where are they with Comey, McCabe and all of these other people? I said I'll stay out of it. I wish I didn't make that statement. There's no reason, really why I have to, but where are they with Comey, with McCabe, with Brennan, with all these people? They lied to Congress – they lied, they leaked, they spied in our campaign. What happened to Durham? Where's Durham? So you're asking a question. These people have been there a long time. I know FBI and FBI is great at the levels that we talked about, but it's inconceivable. You would think if you're in the FBI or Department of Justice, this is the biggest thing you could be looking at. Where are they? I've not seen anything. I mean, they just keep moving along, and they go on to the next president."
5. Trump may be the only president able to do this because of his enormous energy and love for the country. "I'm going to use 125 percent of my energy to do it. You need a judge that's willing to hear a case. You need a Supreme Court that's willing to make a real big decision based on everything." He added, "It's not like you're going to change my mind. In other words, my mind will not change in six months. There was tremendous cheating here. Boxes were brought in. The mail-in vote is a disaster."
6. There's one more reason: It may be our only chance to preserve the nation from a massive mistake – changing horses in midstream, after an amazing first term, a mistake that could be irrevocable.