The following advertising standards and policies are subject to change without notice.
Overall standards and policy for WND.com, MichaelSavage.com, and KleinOnline.com
Advertising will not be accepted that is deemed to be:
1. Prurient, lascivious, obscene, indecent
2. Vulgar, offensive, crude
3. Repulsive, disgusting, grotesque
4. Blasphemous or profane
5. Promoting a religion or faith other than Christianity
Banner Ads must meet general design standards:
1. Ads must be tasteful, exhibiting a level of design that complements the site’s brand
2. Ads should be effective: original, interesting, thought-provoking and inviting
3. Animation is allowed as long as it is not annoying, disruptive, intentionally jittery or flashing
4. Animation must be limited to 15 seconds in length
5. Depicting scantily clad women is not approved, such as lingerie or bikini images.
6. ALL creative is to be submitted for approval before going live.
7. Auto refreshing ad tags are never allowed
Ads are not accepted for:
1. Sex sites
2. Porn sites
3. Gambling sites
4. Beer or Spirits (wine is acceptable)
5. “ED” treatments or other sex-related paraphernalia or treatments
6. Sites that display gratuitously grotesque depictions of the human body
7. Sites that advocate or promote immoral behavior
8. Sites that promote false, inaccurate, misleading or manipulative content
9. Sites with content or ads that tend to work against the standards and standing of publisher
10. Products that make unproven claims to “cure” diseases like cancer, AIDS, diabetes I. Products that provide “treatments” or “remedies” for these diseases are acceptable.
We reserve the right to refuse any advertising deemed inappropriate or contrary to the publisher’s mission.
Creative standards for dedicated and Video of the Day emails:
All email copy needs to be submitted at least 72 hours before the send is scheduled. This will ensure enough time for the email’s creation/testing/revision. Email copy is to be delivered in simple html format, fully contained in an html table no wider than 700px. Any css used must be inline css, no code will be added to the head portion of our email template. Images with a height greater than 1000px should be broken into multiple images.
MINIMAL STANDARDS FOR HTML EMAIL
We recommend adherence to HTML email “best practices” for testing and debugging to guarantee proper delivery to all major email clients. We will accept third-party advertiser emails as long as they adhere to the following guidelines:
TEXT VERSION REQUIRED:
Every dedicated email requires a TEXT version to accompany it. In addition to maintaining a good reputation with Internet Service Providers, this practice also improves a client’s email inbox deliverability.
It must include embedded links
It must be laid out with simple formatting Plain text ASCII text as created in Notepad
No word documents
We will copy and paste into the Text field as is, so it needs to be ready to send
We will add an unsubscribe footer to this text version as well
Comic Sans Serif
Times New Roman
simple HTML, as per HTML email best practices
Flash/SWFs are not permitted
Animated GIFs are not permitted
Video is not permitted (an static image that looks like a video is acceptable)
MS Word Web generated files are not accepted
PNG (Not recommended as some older email clients may not display png’s at all.)
M-dash/em dash (short-hyphen, the length of the capital “M”) is not permitted, use simple hyphen
N-dash (short-hyphen, the length of the capital “N”) is not permitted, use simple hyphen
Smart Quotes (Curly Quotes) are not permitted, use straight quotes
Curly Apostrophes are not permitted, use straight apostrophes
Use dual break
tags instead of paragraph tags, as
tags do not render properly in some email clients.
WND does charge a premium for ‘soft offer’ emails. An offer will be deemed ‘soft’ if it is strictly a lead gen email. Lead gen offers demand a higher rate due to their sole purpose of email address harvesting and the fatigue it places on our list and the email addresses. An offer will be considered a hard offer if the landing page requires a mandatory phone number or a physical mailing address in addition to collecting an email address. Requiring two forms of contact solidifies the individual is truly interested in the content the client is advertising.
Email News Alert Sponsorships can be:
- 100 words long
- 100 words long with a 300×250 image (or smaller)
- OR a 500×500 image
Dedicated emails with soft offers (email generation) are charged a premium.
Preroll video ads can be either 15 or 30 seconds long. They need to be in mp4 or .mov formats and smaller than 13 mb.
The Michael Savage email list and website do not allow any weapon or weapon related promotions.
For dedicated email sends, a landing page with just a video presentation is not allowed. If a video is on the landing page, there must be 1) a prominent link to a page where one can read the pitch if a viewer does not want to sit through the video, OR 2) there must be ample copy below the video so the viewer is able to pause the video and read the copy.
Health treatments or remedies are not allowed on the Michael Savage site. Diet or exercise products may be accepted on a case by case basis.